Saturday, December 23, 2006

sugar bunny


i'm 41 years old and have just purchased a "sugar bunny" to keep me company in tokyo. now i'm either regressing, losing my mind, turning japanese, or simply fond of all that is "kawaii" around me. i like to think the latter. but he's sitting in my lap right now and it feels pretty good. damn, the toys are so cute here i can hardly stand it.

my friend and host emi took me with her to ginza to eat at the only south indian restaurant in tokyo. i looked in the kitchen, check, all dark skinned indians cooking, so i knew it was going to be perfect. and it was. a dosa as good as any i have ever had in india. a thali to die for. chai mixed at the table indian style- you know, they pour it into a glass from 2 feet and repeat till it's mixed properly, with lots of sugar in the proper chai metal cups with the big lip. this is my third indian feast in japan. is it sad i continue to search for the indian food in japan? nope. the japanese are catching on to this "indian" food and they are loving it! mmmm....love india....want to see a bollywood movie right now!

ginza was so fun! so much to see, look at. of course the shopping is like sunset strip, so it's mostly window shopping for me, but we did end up in harajuku and some good purchases there- a couple of medium sized skirts for me!! thank god-it's good to be a medium.

tomorrow is busy. good. 2 classes, good long yoga in the morning, and a party hosted by my aussie friend jane. in some strange neighborhood i hope i can find....

let's hope i don't have to blog about it.

No comments: