Sunday, December 10, 2006

peeling out


another day, another crap practice, another panic "lost in tokyo train station and new hood" day. what else is new. my train card ran out & i did not understand how to get another pass, because each of the train lines have their own machines, and there weren't any from my line because it's an obscure one. it wouldn't be so bad if swarms of humans weren't coming at me in every direction. the human tsunami. in the midst of being freaked, i have caught the same stomach flu the baby had who gave to emi, who now has given to me. inevitable. when i met ou, the baby, i knew. i just knew it would happen to me. so i'm finally on the right train line, and it takes it's time leaving the station because i decided to take an express to save time because i may soil myself or, as emi put it, "peel out" on the train. peel out means upchuck. vomit. throw up. i have NO idea how she came up with "peel out" but i like it. however, here sits the express train. sitting. for an eternity. sitting. why did i leave the local train to take this one? i did make it, but wouldn't you know, i got lost on that damn trail again just like last night. i think i discovered the problem. there is more than one mud trail.

i interviewed a few of the teachers/staff at tokyo-yoga today for ashtanga news website. they had some very captivating answers.
their hobbies-tattoos, surfing, baking, & making lip gloss from scratch.
"what do you think of each other"-katzu looks like a carp, why is miyuki so white, why is yuka so brown
"what music is in your ipods"-slipknot, korn, kiss, bob marley, balinese gamelon, & trance
and my favorite-
"what made you come to yoga?"-peter max, beatles, and the red hot chili peppers.
i thought yoga was some kind of illegal drug.

more of this interview will be published shortly on ashtanganews.com

help me, lucky kitty, please help me keep from peeling out!

2 comments:

Penny said...

Hey Bindidarling!

Until now I'm nearly finished with reading all of this blog and wow, I really like it!!!
Apart from your photography you've got this special talent to write a funny and informative diary!
Hey and it sounds like an adventure and fun, even though there are those little stones in your way here and there...

Keep on bending & shining,
love,
Susannah.

Anonymous said...

Are you feeling better now? I feel sick all the time I
was in Japan but did not throw up. Did Yuka tell you what happened after I said good bye to you in Shibuya? I almost fainted in train. I came down with a high fever almost 104 degrees! Anyway I am totally OK now.

I'm really happy you enjoy Japan! Can't wait to see you in February!

Mindy